Jumping Jacks Nursery in Bedford
Jumping Jacks Nursery in Bedford is a true “home from home” setting aimed at giving your children a happy, stimulating, fun-packed stay, at every stage of development.
All parents want to give their children the best start, and we’re here to support you. Nursery and family life should be complementary – so whether your child is just a few weeks old, an adventurous toddler or counting down to school, we promise the very best care and attention, with activities and routines that echo days at home with you.
With a maximum of 41 children at the nursery – split into 12 baby places and 29 for toddlers and pre-schoolers – we ensure a safe and practical child/staff ratio and that the focus is very much on developing your children as individuals.
Learning & Development
We are registered to use the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and, as recommended by OFSTED, run a “free flow” system of activities. That means your child chooses what they want to do each day and can pick playmates from a mixed age group, including siblings. Read more about our 2-5 year olds provision.
Nine out of 10 children at Jumping Jacks come to us through personal recommendation from other parents. We have built great relationships with our families, some over many years.
As parents, you know your children better than anyone, so your feedback, involvement and information is always genuinely valued. Learn more about our Parent Partnerships and regular Parent Workshops or check out our Parent Testimonials.
Centrally situated in the popular Poets area of town, our nursery is in a beautiful old house in Spenser Road, MK40, and just a short walk away from the train station and the town centre.
Why Choose Us?
- Expert, experienced management team.
- Qualified staff, committed to quality care.
- Fully registered/inspected nursery. Please click here to link to our profile on the Bedford Borough Council website. Read our “outstanding” OFSTED report from Feb 2016 or download a PDF copy.
- Early Years Foundation Stage-registered offering structured, supported learning from birth to five years old.
- 7.30am to 6.30pm year-round care (although we close for two weeks at Christmas for any maintenance or building improvements).
- Member of the National Day Nurseries Association.
- Our own chef and catering staff prepare delicious, healthy meals every day, using seasonal fruit and vegetables in our on-site kitchen. Take a look at this term’s menu!
Come and visit!
We’d love to meet you and your child and show you around our nursery in Bedford. Please contact us to arrange a tour and to talk through individual care requirements. We encourage parents to visit other nursery settings so that you can compare facilities and provision and be sure your child is in the right setting.
Top Tip for Visitors: look at the children’s faces … they’ll tell you everything you need to know!